The news resource and discussion forum for everything Duke Nukem related. Talk about anything Duke Nukem related here. News, mods, fanart, rumors, anything is welcome to discussion!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

An Announcement Coming "Within a Month or So"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NUKEMDAVE

Radiation : 1

PostSubject: An Announcement Coming "Within a Month or So"?   Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:25 pm

Interceptor, or should I say, 3D Realms, seems very confident about continuing work on Mass Destruction despite the lawsuit by Gearbox. Here's a quote from Mike Nielsen, the new CEO of 3D Realms:

Quote :
Hopefully we’ll be making an official announcement on that within a month or so,” said Nielsen. “By then we should be able to make an announcement on it.

Source:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/03/interceptor-not-too-worried-about-gearboxduke-lawsuit/

Hopefully, it will be a good announcement. What's your thoughts on this whole situation so far? I say this purchase of 3D Realms by Interceptor will help Interceptor in the lawsuit by Gearbox. Gearbox was claiming in the lawsuit that Interceptor was tricked by 3D Realms into making Duke Nukem: Mass Destruction, but now that Interceptor is 3D Realms, that accusation has no credibility to it at all now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soapdx

Radiation : 0

PostSubject: Re: An Announcement Coming "Within a Month or So"?   Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:51 am

I feel like Interceptor has blind Optimism. I'm not a legal expert but all these plans could be shattered, especially if there are penalty fees in court. Again not my expertise.

I'm not holding my breath for Mass Destruction, I can see it never coming out. As for the statement it starts with "Hopefully" you can wish and hope all you want, reality is what's going to happen. Right now Gearbox has the big end of the stick (french expression) the fate of the game is ultimately in their hands.

Don't get me wrong I want to play the game, when I saw the announcement all that came to my mind was; "Take my Money!" and I haven't seen anything on it. But life doesn't always work out like you want it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

An Announcement Coming "Within a Month or So"?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1